Regardless of the specific style of congregational governance a church may employ, Jesus Christ is the Head of the Body. The congregation operates under the Lordship of Christ. Each church member is responsible and accountable to Christ as Lord. At the end of the day, He is in charge. May our Lord receive preeminence in all things.
A frequently asked question in the local church is, "Who is in charge?" People want to know, what is the authority structure? This is a question that is asked by new members coming into a fellowship. It is asked by many within a local church as they try to discern what might work best for their particular fellowship and who they can approach when leadership is needed.
Faith Community Church is an Elder led church. Currently the Elders include the Pastor, the Associate Pastor and three lay Elders. Regarding the Biblical basis for an Elder led church; First Peter 5:1-4, speaks a word of illumination. The letter is addressed to the elders. Peter identifies that he is an elder by referring to the others as "fellow elders." In this fascinating text, he gives a word of instruction about how elders or shepherds or overseers must manifest a Christ-like character which exhibits itself not only in a lack of greediness, but in an eagerness to serve and a servanthood kind of spirit that seeks to be an example rather than a dictator. While that does not deal specifically with structure, it speaks a powerful word about the need for a Christ-like servant spirit among those who are leaders.
The Elders of Faith Community Church are:
Mike Montesanto Senior Pastor
Erin Pearson Elder (Overseeing the Deacons)
Bob Burnett Elder (Overseeing Finances)
Dan Russell Elder (Overseeing Education)
In addition to the Elder Board, there is a group of Deacons that carry out mercy ministries and the many tasks of keeping up the maintenance of the property as well as the everday needs and supplies of the church.
Edify - To encourage one another in Christian growth
Equip - To prepare the body (the Church) for ministry
Evangelize - To go out and reach our world for Christ
1. We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired by God, inerrant in the original writings, and that they are the supreme and final authority in faith and life.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God, but that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is separation from God.
5. We believe that Jesus died for our sins as a substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him and receive Him are justified by His shed blood.
6. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, His ascension into Heaven and His present life there for us, as our High Priest and Advocate.
7. We believe in that blessed hope, the personal, pre-millennial and imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
8. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting bliss of the saved in Heaven and the everlasting conscious suffering of the lost in Hell.
(Click a topic for more information)
Our Mission Statement
To encourage one another in Christian growth.
To prepare the body (the Church) for ministry
To go out and reach our world for Christ
We believe in being the Church that Jesus intended when he said "My mother, and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it". God simplifies, man complicates. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me".